We do our best to find great gear that we can stand behind, and to help match customers with gear that works for them. If you've purchased something that doesn't work out for you, you have 30 days from the date of purchase to return it.
If you believe that your item is eligible for a warranty claim, please read our Warranty Policy.
If you'd like to exchange your new, unused item, please initiate a standard return via the process below then place a new order for the item you'd like through our website.
1. In person - Purchases can be dropped off at Second Ascent during normal business hours. Proof of purchase will be required to process in-store returns.
2. Ship your return - Contact Second Ascent for a return authorization, we will determine if your purchase is eligible for return and supply you with an RA number and return address. Then ship your item back to us. You are responsible for return shipping charges.
The fine print:
- Our policy lasts 30 days from the date of purchase. Outside of that window returns are accepted at the sole discretion of Second Ascent and may be refused.
- All items must be new, unused, and in the same condition that you received it. This includes all packaging, tags, accessories and anything else that was shipped. Items that arrive damaged, used, or in improper packaging may be refused.
- Please ensure that your return is packaged carefully and shipped via a trackable and insured shipping method. Pack your return carefully!
- You will be responsible for paying for all shipping charged. Return shipping costs are non-refundable. If shipping charges applied to your initial order, they are also not refundable.
- Any load bearing, safety, or life-saving equipment including, but not limited to; carabiners, cams, ropes, slings, harnesses, and ascenders may NOT be returned/refunded except to correct a miss-shipment or a manufacturer defect. This policy is strictly enforced and is in place to protect our customers.
Refunds (if applicable)
Once your return is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund.
If your return is approved, then your refund will be processed, and a credit will automatically be applied to your credit card or original method of payment, within 5 business days.
Late or missing refunds (if applicable)
If you haven’t received a refund yet, first check your bank account again. Then contact your credit card company, it may take some time before your refund is officially posted. Next contact your bank. There is often some processing time before a refund is posted. If you’ve done all of this and you still have not received your refund yet, please contact us at email@example.com.