On a hunch, you skinned through the dark and most of the morning to drop into a line that everyone thought would be wind-scoured and boney as hell—and you’d do it all over again. As Patagonia's most breathable snow shell, the Reconnaissance Jacket delivers exceptional performance for high-output, muscle-powered lines deep into the backcountry or just beyond the gates. It has a supple, double-weave soft-shell fabric throughout the body, paired with a waterproof/breathable 3-layer shell fabric with 2-way stretch on the shoulders, arms and hood for a hardworking blend of breathable comfort and durable weather protection. A DWR (durable water repellent) finish prevents saturation and sloughs snow. To seal out moisture the Reconnaissance has fully taped construction, low-profile cuffs that adjust easily to fit under or over gloves and the Cohaesive® cord-lock management system at the hem and hood. Pockets include two self-lined handwarmers; two large chest pockets (one with internal stash and cable routing); and one interior drop-in for goggles, gloves or your flask. With an articulated fit designed for freedom of movement and an embedded RECCO® avalanche rescue reflector.
- Lightweight and durable stretch double-weave soft shell is paired with a waterproof/breathable 3-layer shell for a great blend of breathable comfort and durable weather protection. Fully taped construction.
- Articulation built into the patterning of the sleeves for freedom of movement. Low-profile cuffs secure over or under gloves easily
- Zippered pockets: two handwarmers with self-lining, two large chest (one with internal stash for media pocket and cable routing). One interior drop-in pocket for goggles or gloves
- Cohaesive® cord-lock management system at hem and hood
- Concealed RECCO® reflector
- Body: 100% polyester stretch double weave with 2-way mechanical stretch and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Overlay: 3-layer, 4.13-oz 100% nylon plain weave with a DWR finish
- 572 g (20.2 oz)
- Made in Vietnam.